Hudson Gardens provides opportunities for beekeepers to practice the craft of beekeeping in a community apiary setting. Each year, both new and experienced beekeepers are invited to apply to this program.
The Benefits of Beekeeping at Hudson Gardens
- A beautiful setting with an abundance of diverse nectar sources.
- Access to a community of beekeepers who can answer questions and assist with conducting hive assessments.
- Participation in apiary mentorship sessions.
- Opportunities to engage with the public and promote beekeeping.
Get a Head-Start on your Beekeeping Plans
- Review the Hudson Gardens Beekeeping Protocol.
- Read the City of Littleton Beekeeping Ordinance.
- Register for and attend the required beekeeping classes.
All Hudson Gardens’ Beekeepers must agree to the following:
- Use of natural integrated pest management methods that are minimally invasive, chemical-free, and non-toxic.
Participation in educational outreach activities on behalf of Hudson Gardens.
- Non-commercial usage of honey and other products derived from the hive at Hudson Gardens.
- Attendance at four required beekeeping classes: Beekeeping Basics, Hive Startup: Installing Nucleus Hives and Package Bees, Honeybee Hive Management Systems, and Honeybee Hive Inspections. Attendance at Beekeeping Express can be substituted for the four required classes.**
**Class requirements must be met prior to establishing hives at Hudson Gardens and may be waived at the discretion of Hudson Gardens for experienced beekeepers.
The application process for the 2020 Community Beekeeping season has closed. We will again accept applications in July for 2021.