Hudson Gardens provides opportunities for beekeepers to practice the craft of beekeeping in a community apiary setting. Each year, both new and experienced beekeepers are invited to apply to this program.
The Benefits of Beekeeping at Hudson Gardens
- A beautiful setting with an abundance of diverse nectar sources.
- Access to a community of beekeepers who can answer questions and assist with conducting hive assessments.
- Participation in apiary mentorship sessions.
- Opportunities to engage with the public and promote beekeeping.
Get a Head-Start on your Beekeeping Plans
- Review the Hudson Gardens Beekeeping Protocol.
- Read the City of Littleton Beekeeping Ordinance.
- Register for and attend the required beekeeping classes.
All Hudson Gardens’ Beekeepers must agree to the following:
- Use of natural integrated pest management methods that are minimally invasive, chemical-free, and non-toxic.
Participation in educational outreach activities on behalf of Hudson Gardens.
- Non-commercial usage of honey and other products derived from the hive at Hudson Gardens.
- Attendance at four required beekeeping classes: Beekeeping Basics, Hive Startup: Installing Nucleus Hives and Package Bees, Honeybee Hive Management Systems, and Honeybee Hive Inspections. Attendance at Beekeeping Express can be substituted for the four required classes.**
**Class requirements must be met prior to establishing hives at Hudson Gardens and may be waived at the discretion of Hudson Gardens for experienced beekeepers.