Hudson Gardens provides opportunities for beekeepers to practice the craft of beekeeping in a community apiary setting. Each year, both new and experienced beekeepers are invited to apply to this program.
The Benefits of Beekeeping at Hudson Gardens
- A beautiful setting with an abundance of diverse nectar sources.
- Access to a community of beekeepers who can answer questions and assist with conducting hive assessments.
- Participation in apiary mentorship sessions.
- Opportunities to engage with the public and promote beekeeping.
The application process for the 2021 season is now open. Applications are due November 1, 2020. Applicants will be notified in November if selected for an interview. Interviews will take place the second week of November and selected applicants will be notified by December 1st. Hudson Gardens’ core beekeeping classes will begin in January.
- Read Beekeeping Protocols
- Submit Volunteer Application Form
- Join Hudson Gardens Google Group
- Attend So, You Want to Be a Beekeeper Session
- Attend a Meet the Beekeeper Session
All Hudson Gardens’ Beekeepers must agree to the following:
- Use of natural integrated pest management methods that are minimally invasive, chemical-free, and non-toxic.
- Participation in educational outreach activities on behalf of Hudson Gardens.
- Non-commercial usage of honey and other products derived from the hive at Hudson Gardens.
- Adequate experience or participation in Hudson Gardens beekeeping classes**
- Read the City of Littleton Beekeeping Ordinance
**Class requirements must be met prior to establishing hives at Hudson Gardens and may be waived at the discretion of Hudson Gardens for experienced beekeepers.