Hudson Gardens is an exciting place to explore and learn! Schedule a self-guided guided field trip at Hudson Gardens for an opportunity to connect with nature. The gardens are open 365 days a year, from sunrise to sunset and admission is free!
Explore the Gardens with your group at your own pace. Facilitators are welcome to bring their own activities and lessons to aid in the field trip experience.
Field Trip Availability
- Monday through Friday, year-round, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- We request you make a reservation for your field trip or group visit during the months of April through October as this is peak visitor and event season at the Gardens.
- Varies; Visits typically last 1–2 hours but addition of activities will dictate your visit duration.
- Admission to Hudson Gardens is free
- Daily group visits are limited to one-hundred fifty (150) visitors per day. This number includes chaperones.
- This limit is set to allow for other visitors and private events occurring in the Gardens to enjoy the grounds as well.
A well-planned field trip is a valuable extension of classroom learning and will help you gain the most value out of your time at Hudson Gardens. This guide is designed to help you arrive, plan a meaningful learning experience, and ensure a smooth visit.
Arrival and Departure
Parking for Buses and Chaperones
Things to Know Before Your Visit
Field Trip Policies & Procedures
Preparing for your Field Trip