The Hudson Gardens offers expert training for new beekeepers through our Core Beekeeping Classes - a comprehensive series of six beekeeping courses designed to prepare you for your first season of beekeeping.
Core Beekeeping Classes include:
- The Amazing Honeybee: Pollination & Beyond (offered annually in October)
- Beekeeping Basics (offered annually in November)
- Honeybee Hive Management Systems (offered annually in January)
- Hive Startup: Installing Nucleus Hives and Package Bees (offered annually in March)
- Honeybee Hive Inspections (offered annually in April)
- Overwintering Honeybee Hives (offered annually in September)
You may register for individual classes or receive a discount and cover the essentials by registering for the Queen Bee Package or Beekeeping Express.
The Queen Bee Package
This comprehensive series is comprised of six, 2 hour long beekeeping courses offered throughout the year. The class series is designed to prepare beginning beekeepers for their first season of beekeeping. The Queen Bee package is offered annually, beginning in October.
The Queen Bee Package includes:
- The Amazing Honeybee: Pollination & Beyond (Wednesday, October 10, 2018)
- Beekeeping Basics (Wednesday, November 14, 2018)
- Honeybee Hive Management Systems (Wednesday, January 16, 2019)
- Hive Startup: Installing Nucleus Hives and Package Bees (Wednesday, March 13, 2019)
- Honeybee Hive Inspections (Wednesday, April 10, 2019)
- Overwintering Honeybee Hives (Wednesday, September 11, 2019
All classes are held on a Wednesday evening from 6 PM - 8 PM. Classes take place indoors at The Inn at Hudson Gardens.
Wednesdays, January 9 & February 13, 2019, 5:30 – 8:30 PM
This class consists of two sessions: January 9 and February 13. Classes will be held at The Inn at Hudson Gardens.
To receive updates about beekeeping classes and news from Hudson Gardens' Apiary, sign up for our newsletter.
Class Registration and Cancellation Policy
All programs and classes require advanced registration unless otherwise noted. To register for a program online, click the ‘Register Now’ button on the class description page or call the Community Programs and Outreach Department at (303) 797-8565 ext. 306.
The following cancellation policy applies to all Adult Programs unless otherwise noted. For cancellations received more than two business days prior to the program date, a full refund, minus a 20% cancellation fee, will be issued. Refunds and exchanges will not be issued for missed programs or cancellations made two or fewer business days prior to the program date or for programs with registration fees of $5 or less. No refunds, credits, or exchanges will be offered for unattended classes purchased in a multiple class series package.
To cancel or modify your registration, please contact the Community Programs and Outreach Department by calling (303) 797-8565 ext. 306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.